Nights are horrible again.

It is probably (yet not only) the effect of a leakage
around tracheo tube that’s getting bigger and bigger.

Thanks to the leakage, Leo starts to make more sounds
and will learn to pronounce his first words.
But because of the leakage Leoparents can’t sleep
… almost at all.

It looks like this:

Around 8 pm Leo goes to bed.
He falls asleep connected to the pulse oxymeter and the ventilator,
listening to the music and watching a spinning carousel
(which should have been removed from his crib a long time ago,
but every attempt of taking it down ends up in hysteria, so it’s still there ;-)).
Until midnight, Leo sleeps on his back, almost still, calm.

And around midnight, he starts to wriggle
(it is exactly around the time Leoparents go to sleep, too).
Leo turns onto his stomach, presses the ventilator’s tube with his weight
and obstructs the oxygen flow, which leads to saturation drop.

The alarm goes off…
We have to get out of bed and turn Leo on his back.

From his back, Leo returns to his belly position.

The tracheotomy tube bends sideways,
this makes the current parameters of the ventilator insufficient.
We have to get out of bed and increase the ventilator’s parameters
(and be blinded by the super bright display of the ventilator in the process).
Leo is wriggling, he’s having a dream.
The tube rolls around him, stretches to the maximum and...
disconnects from the tracheotomy tube.

We have to get up and connect Leo to the ventilator.
Leo returns to his back.
The ventilator parameters become too high and they have to be readjusted again.
Leo changes his position, and so the parameters are too low now.
Saturation drops.

We have to get up and readjust the parameters.
Leo turns to his side,
wraps in the cable and plucks out the pulse oxymeter sensor.

We have to get up, turn the lights on, find scissors and plaster, and fix the sensor.
After a while the sensor turns out to be broken
(Leo has probably damaged it when he turned to his side,
and something disconnected).

Alarm. (F***!!!)
We have to get up, turn the lights on, find scissors, plaster,
and a new sensor, and then put it on the little hand and turn off the lights.
Leo turns three times and wraps himself in the tube attached to the tracheo tube.
The tube bends and... pops out of the whole in the neck.
We have to get up, turn on the lights, find scissors, bandage, band, new tube,
Octanispet, Skinsept, gloves, wake Leo up, disinfect hands,
then the wound around the tube, put the tube into the larynx,
put on the bandage, put on the band, find tranquilizer,
turn on the music, the carousel, and put the baby to sleep…
And this goes on intil the morning, roughly 4 incidents of this kind an hour.
At 6:00 sharp Leo wakes up, sits in his crib,
ostentatiously throws out his tranquilizer over the barrier,
and disconnects from the ventilator with one quick and smooth move.

PS. To make sure Leoparents will get up instead of lying illegally in bed
looking lazily at the pulse oxymeter display,
Leo picks the sensor from under the plaster.
This is a 100% guarantee of Leoparents instantly jumping out of their bed.
Because they never know, if Mr Leo will not wish to sleep just a little while longer…